
Hyŏndae Chadongch'a Chusik-hoesa shortly known as Hyundai, is one of the two automobile companies that make up the "Hyundai Kia Automotive Group". The parent being the automaker group with largest profit, and fourth biggest in production, is truly a great company. Currently as the fastest growing company, the companies production plant in Ulsan is capable of producing 1.6 million cars per year. Its headquarters in Seoul, South Korea, it has more than 6 thousand dealerships in over 193 countries, and employs over 75 thousand people worldwide.
Hyundai Motor Company was founded in 1967, 20 years after Chung Yung-ju founded the Hyundai Engineering and Construction Company. The first vehicle, the Cortina, was released togather with Ford. The second car, Pony,was released in co-operation with Mitsubishi Motors. In 1976 Hyundai began to export their cars all over the world, but not in the US, because they did not meet the emission standards.
In 1999 Chung Ju Yung belayed his management position to his son Chun Moon Koo, who was later arrested for money embezzlement and arrested. The vice president took over the company in 2006.
Hyundai has been a big sponsor of the FIFA world cup since 2002. It has also taken interest in other sports, racing for example, the Formula2. They are planning to enter Formula1 after the 2010 season.
I did not know how vast this Hyundai network was until I wrote this blog about it, I always though that Hyundai was a thrid class automaker(they are in some ways), but as it turns out they are really good. Even though i may not think of it as one of the better car manufactorers, I am still impressed at what they have done. I dont think that the quality of Hyundai cars is very good, same about performance, but they offer it at a very decent price. Being one of the fastest growing manufactorer is think that in a short while they will have taken control of the global market which will not be good for other cheap car manufactorers, since it will put them out of business. I would not mind owning a Hyundai, and even I might afford buying one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Motor_Company
http://www.oeamtc.at/netautor/html_seiten/crashtest/kompaktklasse/Hyundai_i30_2007_beschreib.jpg
The links would not post as hyperlink for some reason?!

Um comentário:
You'll have to ask Mr. Feitosa about the Hyundai he had when I met him. The purple one. With the "girl power" sticker on it. ;)
Postar um comentário